Gentle Dove Ministries International (GDMI) is a ministry dedicated to the Gentleness, Peace, Hope and Love of our Lord Jesus Christ.

8/22/2006

How To Be Saved

John 14:6 (NLT), "Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.""

I like to look at other ministry Web sites from time to time and noticed that one site featured the Plan of Salvation.

The Holy Spirit began laying on my heart that Christians may not be the only ones checking out this Web site, and that for some this may be the only opportunity they'll ever have to accept Jesus Christ as their Savior. That was a sobering thought to realize we need to be ready with an answer (even on a Web site) for the hope that lies within us.

Marvin told me about the ole time Plan of Salvation, more fondly referred to by some as Roman's Road, so we'll be sharing that with you today. Perhaps you'd like to print it out and put a copy in your Bible as a handy reference or even to give away.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May his face shine upon you and give you peace.

Shalom...............Diana & Marvin

Thanks to MinistryClipArt.com as always for the use of this graphic.

A Plan For Salvation (New Living Translation)
We need to be saved because:
1. Romans 5:12.......Inception of Sin
"When Adam sinned, sin entered the entire human race. Adam's sin brought death, so death spread to everyone, for everyone sinned."
2. Romans 6:23......Wages of Sin
"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord."
3. Romans 3:23......All have sinned
"For all have sinned; all fall short of God's glorious standard."
4. II Peter 3:9......None Should Perish
"The Lord isn't really being slow about his promise to return, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to perish, so he is giving more time for everyone to repent."
5. John 3:16......He Gave His Son
"For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life."
6. John 3:5,6......Must Be Born Again
"Jesus replied, "The truth is, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit. Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives new life from heaven.""
7. Romans 10:9......Confession of Faith
"For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."
Pray this prayer out loud:
Lord Jesus Christ, I ask you to forgive me of all my sins and to cleanse me from all unrighteousness. I believe in my heart, and I confess with my mouth that you are the Son of God, that you died for my sins and that you rose from the dead and sit at the right hand of God, the Father. I ask you to come into my heart and to be my Lord and Savior. I surrender my life to you, and ask you to make me all you want me to be. I receive you now as my Lord and Savior, and I thank you for saving my soul. In Jesus' name, Amen.
Now that you're saved:
1. Ephesians 2:8,9......Saved By Grace
"God saved you by his special favor when you believed. And you can't take credit for this, it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us boast about it."
2. Hebrews 8:12 & 10:17......Sins Forgotten
"And I will forgive their wrongdoings, and I will never again remember their sins." "Then he adds, "I will never again remember their sins and lawless deeds."
3. I John 4:13-15......He Is In Us
"And God has given us his Spirit as proof that we live in him and he in us. Furthermore, we have seen with our own eyes and now testify that the Father sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. All who proclaim that Jesus is the Son of God have God living in them, and they live in God."
4. II Corinthians 5:17......New Creature
"What this means is that those who become Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone. A new life has begun."
5. Revelation 21:27......Book of Life
"Nothing evil will be allowed to enter--no one who practices shameful idolatry and dishonesty--but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's Book of Life."
6. Luke 15:10......Angels Rejoice
"In the same way, there is joy in the presence of God's angels when even one sinner repents."
7. John 14:1-4......Preparing A Place
"Don't be troubled. You trust God, now trust in me. There are many rooms in my Father's home, and I am going to prepare a place for you. If this were not so, I would tell you plainly. When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am, and you know where I am going and how to get there."
If you have accepted Christ as your Savior today, pick up the phone and call a friend with the good news of your commitment to Jesus Christ. Marvin said it's nice to write down the date of your salvation to keep in your Bible so you'll always have a record. We also want to encourage you to regularly meet with other Christians in worship as you begin to learn God's will for your life.
Congratulations and may God greatly bless you and yours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home