Gentle Dove Ministries International (GDMI) is a ministry dedicated to the Gentleness, Peace, Hope and Love of our Lord Jesus Christ.

7/15/2007

Time Gets Away

Time can really get away from us can't it? I’ve missed writing these articles for our Web log, but I’ve been waiting on the Holy Spirit to give me something as He always has……and He has not. At least I haven’t heard it if He has.

Ah hah!!! That may be the problem!! We do tend to get distracted with every day life at times don’t we?!! In times past the Holy Spirit would often wake me up early in the morning and I would sit down and try to keep up with Him writing down what I heard Him say to me or about some topic He wanted me to write about.

This morning I was just looking over the Web log and saw that we’ve only done two articles this entire year. That made me very sad. I know the Lord has a lot more to tell you and me than that, so it must be that I have been way too distracted or not listening, and that makes me feel bad!

Of course I have my share of excuses, don’t we all? We’ve been preparing some real estate for sale (5 hours driving distance from here), getting the huge garage sale together, hauling, coordinating, separating, marking, and of course we’ve been attending functions during the months of April and May centered around our son getting married (4 hours driving distance from here), we’ve been dealing with some health issues, researching some investments, preparing documents and policies for board meetings, signing papers, I’ve been spear heading a database rewrite at work, we’ve been doing prison ministry, I’ve been learning new songs and lyrics, studying, we’ve been praying for our tiny new premature granddaughter and trying to encourage her parents, etc! Just like you, I can come up with a bunch of excuses!!

I guess I’ll have to face the fact that my priorities seem to be in great need of readjusting. It’s not that I haven’t spent time with the Lord. He’s my favorite lunch companion parked down by Town Lake eating and reading the Word, but I see now that lately I’ve just been a big sponge soaking it all up for me and not giving anything back. Don’t get me wrong, I understand there are times in our lives when we need to be taken care of ourselves, but I certainly didn’t realize how quickly time can get away from us in the short time left to get our work done for the Lord.

There have been a lot of topics I’ve thought about that would be good to share with you, but I haven’t really felt led by the Holy Spirit to write about them. Things like the fact that Jesus not only died to save us from our sins but also to deliver us from our diseases, and how important it is for our health and well being to partake of communion regularly. Things like we are to speak out loud to our circumstances to get them lined up with the Word of God and set into motion!! Things like how important it is to pray for the peace of Jerusalem and the salvation of the Jewish people, and how much God really is interested in us as a person with a specific plan for our lives.

In short, I thank God that He is an ever present help to me and to you when we need his nurturing, but I also realize more than ever that time is short and we all need to be able to get the work done that He has for us to do.

Father, help us not to be distracted by the events of the day. Help us to keep our priorities in order with you first always! Help us think of others more often than we do ourselves, and pour out your Holy Spirit afresh on us to minister to others. Shalom---Diana and Marvin

Thanks to Microsoft Clip Art for use of the graphic.

2 Comments:

Blogger blessforindia said...

WE ARE ALL PRAYING FOR YOU AND YOUR MINISTRY.

MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND BE WITH YOU.

PASTOR. BLESSING.V
ANDHRA PRADESH STATE
INDIA

www.pastorblessing.blogspot.com

12:26 PM

 
Blogger blessforindia said...

PLEASE PRAY FOR MY MINISTRY ALSO.THANK YOU SO MUCH.

PASTOR.BLESSING.V
pastorblessingv@gmail.com

12:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home